We’ve just released version 1.1.9 of FSharp.Data, and I realized we’ve not been announcing new releases since version 1.1.1 when Tomas first announced it, so I though I’d rectify that. In addition to bug fixes, here what’s has been added to FSharp.Data since then:
- The behaviour of CsvProvider can be fine tuned by using the HasHeaders, Schema, IgnoreErrors, SafeMode, and PreferOptionals parameters. See the CsvProvider documentation here.
- The CSV Parser and Reader can now be used standalone. See the CsvFile documentation here.
- Guid types are now supported in CsvProvider, JsonProvider, and XmlProvider.
- Support to disable caching for CSV files too big to fit in memory.
- Support for cookies, binary files and client certificates in FSharp.Net.Http.
- Save, Filter, Take, TakeWhile, Skip, SkipWhile, and Truncate operations for CsvProvider and CsvFile.
- Support for Windows Phone 7.
There’s still a lot of room for improvement, and we love pull requests, so please contribute, even if it’s only fixing a typo in the docs. A getting started guide is available here.